Finnish Seamen´s Service offers a range of possibilities to excercise at several sport venues in Helsinki, Turku and Maarianhamina. Our sport services are either free of charge or organized with discount prices.
We are that you can find something you like in our selection of sports!
Quoestions? Please contact
+35810 349 3115
The Wefare Ship of the Year will be awarded to a ship that has made a wide range of development efforts to promote the wellbeing of its personnel. These include, for example, the following.
- Providing staff with a good framework for fitness on board, including equipment and space.
- Organising wellbeing events for staff.
- Staff have the opportunity to participate in ForMare or a similar well-being programme.
- Staff participate extensively in sport and physical activity events organised by MEPA.
- Staff have access to training to promote and maintain mental health.
- There is a spirit of encouragement within the work community to participate in various physical activities.
- The workplace understands the importance of a healthy diet for well-being.
- The workplace is committed to building a sense of community through a variety of means.
The award is applied for each year between 1 November and 31 December, based on the long-term progress made on board to improve wellbeing and what has been achieved over the past year. The award, which includes a rotating prize and a €1,000 gift voucher, is presented in January each year.